Join us tonight, Tuesday, October 5th at 6:30pm for a hands-on, living history experience with Arn Kind at Meinders Community Library. Kind’s dynamic presentation will explore Minnesota’s history with French Voyagers and the fur trade. Masks are requested per CDC guidelines.
Fall is here and we’re ready for sweater weather, warm beverages, and cozy reading time at Meinders Community Library. Pick up a bookmark with fall reading prompts, like read a book with fall colors on the cover, and get some inspiration for your seasonal reading. If you need help choosing your next read, we’ve got suggestions for every prompt. Or you can “leaf” your own suggestion for other readers to enjoy.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will be no storytime this Tuesday, September 21st. We apologize for the inconvenience.
It’s almost time for the We Are Water traveling exhibit to leave Meinders Community Library. If you haven’t had a chance to explore We Are Water yet, we have extended exhibit hours this weekend.
- Final Weekend–Extended Exhibit Hours
- Saturday, September 11th: 10am-4pm
- Sunday, September 12th: 12pm-2pm
We will also be starting Fall Outdoor Storytime next Tuesday, September 14th. Storytime will take place on the lawn outside Meinders Community Library, as long as weather permits. We will have cushions, but feel free to bring your own blanket or lawn chair.
Unless something drastic happens, this is the last first day of school for my family. Instead, we will begin a new cycle of first days after our youngest graduates this spring. For the most part, firsts are an exciting step in life’s journey. They mean we are moving forward and experiencing new things.
Whether you are a new teacher or a seasoned staff member, a new student to our district or one returning for the 13th time, welcome back! May this be your best school year yet. We are here to help you find the perfect book for both leisure and academic reading.
If you are new to our community or simply new to Meinders Community Library, stop out and see what we have to offer. Our stacks are filled with a wide range of fiction and nonfiction for all ages and interests. Further, our We Are Water MN traveling exhibit is here until September 13.
As we are a combined school and public library, the first day of this new school year comes with a special reminder regarding the pandemic.
Before visiting the library, please keep the following in mind:
- Masking is not currently required for anyone in the School District or the public library. We will let you know if this changes.
- While Meinders Community Library staff will mask up, we can’t guarantee that other individuals in the library during your visit will be masked or vaccinated. As such, we encourage all patrons to follow CDC recommendations to help keep themselves and their fellow bibliophiles as safe as possible.
- Meinders Library will continue to check out books for curbside pick up. Simply let us know when you will be arriving, and we will check out your materials and leave them in the vestibule.
- We will offer delivery of library books for home-bound patrons within Pipestone City limits. Please call, email, or use the form below to request delivery services. Out of town patrons may contact the library and we will work on finding a volunteer to accommodate your request.
stay healthy and stay connected~ jody
Each year, the Lifeline and other mental health organizations and individuals across the U.S. and around the world, raise awareness of suicide prevention.
- If you or someone you know is in an emergency, call 911 immediately.
- If you are in crisis or are experiencing difficult or suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
- If you’re uncomfortable talking on the phone, you can also text HELLO to 741741 to be connected to a free, trained crisis counselor on the Crisis Text Line.
Be sure to stop out and browse the library display. Get resources for yourself or be the difference for a loved one by offering support and understanding.
Click on any of the following links to learn how you can get involved and help prevent suicide. Together, we can make a difference!
Author Pamela Nowak will be at Meinders Community Library on Monday, August 30th at 6:30pm. She will discuss her historical novel Never Let Go about the 1862 Dakota Conflict and the survival of the Lake Shetek women.
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the Annual Kids Fishing Derby sponsors (and Tom and Erica in all their various hats), our community gets to finish out the summer with a bit of family fun. Join us at the Hiawatha Pageant Park Pond tomorrow (Thursday, August 19) beginning at 5pm for hands on not-quite-fishing fun!
Thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers that help make this a great community event for all to enjoy!
Due to construction, getting to the library might be difficult today. Currently, the only open parking is in the lot to the west of the football field.
We will be happy to renew your materials for you. Just give us a call or send an email. We will update our parking situation on facebook as the day progresses.
Thanks for your patience.
The best part of a big project put together by invested partners is the diversity of programs that we can offer. Thanks to the Pipestone Soil & Water Conservation District, community members can enjoy a guided bus tour of a local dairy and the surrounding countryside.
To reserve your seat on one of two offered tours this upcoming Saturday, call Danielle at 507-825-1185 or stop by their Facebook event page.