In honor of the 2019 Water Tower Festival, we are hosting an online escape room in conjunction with a drawing for a free kindle. Anyone can enter the drawing and/or join in the challenge to Escape to the Water Tower Festival.
- What do you win? A chance to win a free Kindle just in time for the Fourth of July weekend. With a Kindle (or Kindle App) and a PCLS library card, it’s easy to access free library books from our Overdrive catalog.
- If completing Escape to the Water Tower Festival, you also get the satisfaction of winning our first ever digital escape room, your name entered into the Kindle drawing, and a bonus drawing for a free e-book (value up to $15). Kudos to you! Your first name will be listed as an escape room winner on the blog.
- What do you have to do? Stop in the library and enter your name in the drawing.
- If completing the escape room, you must beat the challenges to enter your name into the bonus drawing.
- Who can enter? Anyone who uses Meinders Community Library for checking out books, borrowing DVDs, reading the paper, attending programs, or just hanging out.
- How many times can you enter? As many times as you use the library between now and July 1, 2019.
- When will winners be notified? We will contact winners by phone at the close of business on July 1 to verify eligibility. Winners will be posted on the blog July 2, or after verification.
- Who is eligible to win?
- Anyone 8-108 who is a resident of the Meinders Community Library service area.
- Winners must provide a valid phone number.
- Winners must be willing to pick up their prize at the library and have their photo taken for the blog.
Digital Escape Room
- Click on the library doors to enter the game.
- Complete the challenges found within.
- Once you’ve completed all the tasks, be sure to fill out the comment card on the last page to get your name in the drawings for the free kindle and e-book.
- Only one digital entry is accepted per person.
If you would like to learn how to make your own escape rooms, contact the library to sign up for our DIY Escape Room Workshop on Wednesday, June 19. This hands-on program is perfect for educators, parents, youth leaders, librarians, and coaches who want to challenge those around them in new and exciting ways.
Good luck, enjoy, and hope to see you at the Water Tower Festival next week!