Our phone number is working at our new location! Give us a call at 507-825-6714.
We currently have no phone service at Meinders Community Library. We are working on getting our same phone number (507-825-6714) transferred to our new location. We will let you know when we can receive phone calls again, but for now please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form below.
There will be no Storytime today at Meinders Community Library because Miss Emily is sick. We plan to resume Storytime next Tuesday, December 13th at 10:30am. You can still come play in our new children’s area and check out books about Christmas, Winter, and more!
Meinders Community Library is officially open at our new location: 220 3rd Ave SE, Pipestone. We’re here from 10am-7pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-5pm on Fridays, and 10am-2pm on Saturdays. We can’t wait to see you!
Beginning Monday, December 5th, the public is invited to stop in and use all the great amenities we have always offered.
New Location: 220 3rd Avenue SE, Pipestone
- Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm
- Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 10am-2pm
Same great books. More public computers. Games, children’s play area, cozy meeting spaces, and the same friendly faces await you!
Have a great weekend and see you next week~ jody
Our drop box has moved! You can now return books to the outdoor drop box at our new location: 220 3rd Ave SE. At this time you can also return materials at the PAS Campus through our media drop slot.
Our last open days at the PAS Campus will be Saturday, November 19th from 10am-2pm and Tuesday, November 22nd from 12pm-6pm. We will then be closed to the public as we finish moving everything and getting our new space ready. At that time we ask that you only drop materials off at our new location. There will no delivery the week we are closed.
Our target open date at the new location is Monday, December 5th. We will have more details as that date approaches.
Meinders Community Library is moving! As we transition to our new space, we are still open at the PAS Campus location two days a week for patrons to pick up materials and use technology.
PCLS and its member libraries have been working hard over the past four months to bring our patrons a better browsing experience and a more intuitive online catalog of library collections. Today, Aspen officially launches!
Top Five Things to Love about Aspen
- The Amazing Color Customization: it just feels like us! We (of which Sally is a rock star) were able to match our site to our logo. This creates a visually pleasing landing page for our patrons. Nothing screams generic like a cut-and-paste website. No library is generic. Each has a unique feel. We hope you agree that this new catalog feels like home.
- It’s Dynamic: we can create browsing categories based on our patron’s needs, book recommendations, or special themes (like the #BeThe1To which highlights our mental health collection in conjunction with Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month). It integrates our digital platforms with our collection topics giving you more robust access to all of our library’s offerings.
- The Message Center: open, transparent, factual information is what libraries do. And in this ever-changing landscape we are in right now, we recognize the need to share information that impacts our public as soon as possible. To that end, we are still open to the public during our regular hours: 10am-6pm M-Th, 10am-5pm Fri, and 10am-2pm Saturday. We will keep you posted of changes in the hours or ways we will be able to serve you. Being able to do so on the catalog–the only place some of our patrons visit–is helpful in reaching as many people as possible.
- Macro to Micro in the Click of a Button: seriously, this new catalog feature that narrows down or expands the collection in a matter of seconds will rock your world. Looking only for items available now? Or at Meinders Library? Or across all of PCLS? Simple. The banner at the top of your search does all the heavy lifting. Looking for a good series on dog books for your first grader? Narrow your search on the sidebar. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- EVERYTHING IS IN ONE PLACE!!! Remember how you would put a regular old book on hold and end up with an audio book or a large print copy? (Don’t worry, we did it, too.) The records were confusing. A person could spend half a day trying to find exactly what they wanted. No longer. Because EVERYTHING IS IN ONE PLACE. I just typed in The Martian by Andy Weir and got one record.
Aspen will appear slightly different depending on which device you are using. The screenshot above was from my phone. If you click the pic, you will be taken to the desktop version. Regardless of how you browse our catalog, you can still access it the same way you always have by clicking on our sidebar link: Plum Creek Library System Catalog. If you’ve bookmarked our old catalog, you will need to update the link.
Or, you can access the catalog via the LiDA app. To find the app, simply open your phone’s camera and hover it over the appropriate QR code. Once you download the app, you will need to enter Meinders Library as your home library and sign in with your library card and pin number.
I hope you enjoy this upgrade to your browsing experience! If you have any questions, give us a call. We can learn together!
Meinders Community Library will be closed Saturday, September 3rd through Monday, September 6th in observance of Labor Day. We hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!
You still have time to turn in your summer reading bingo cards for our grand prize drawing. We’ll announce the winner next Friday, September 9th.
Meinders Community Library will be closed starting Thursday July 21st at 12:00pm through Sunday July 24th. We will reopen at 10:00am on Monday July 25th. Materials can be returned through the drop box and media slot and no fines will accrue. If you have any questions you can send us an email at email@example.com