Over the past few years, I’ve become a devoted audiobook listener. I always have a book that I’m listening to as I get ready in the morning, make dinner in the evening, or drive anywhere that takes me longer than five minutes. It even made repeatedly shoveling out my driveway this winter more bearable. Sometimes, if a book is really good, I try to find more chores to do around my house because I don’t want to stop listening.
Thanks to some generous donations, we’ve recently received a windfall of audiobooks. Check out these new titles and find a book that will make you keep circling the block until you finish the chapter.
- The Other Boleyn Girl by Philipa Gregory
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen (Middle Grade)
- Einstein: The Life of a Genius by Walter Isaacson (Nonfiction)
- The Murder Book by Jonathan Kellerman
- Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen (Young Adult)
- Count to Ten by James Patterson
- Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
- Cross the Line by James Patterson
- NYPD Red 4 by James Patterson
- Pax by Sara Pennypacker (Middle Grade)
- The Gift of Valor by Michael Phillips (Nonfiction)
- Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
- The Pact by Jodi Picoult
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
- The Athena Project by Brad Thor
- Sand Castle Bay by Sherryl Woods
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Want to listen to an audiobook, but don’t want to deal with switching the discs? Try RBDigital and OverDrive for digital audiobooks. Both platforms have apps that can be downloaded to your smartphone or other electronic device for a more portable audiobook experience. Call the library or stop in if you need help using the apps or getting into your account.