|Meinders Community Library Board Policy||307|
|Policy: Material Posting and Distribution||Originally Adopted||Next Review|
|Current Version Adopted||May 2, 2018||May 2021|
Purpose: To promote awareness regarding the offerings of the local community, in addition to providing information on items of interest with a governmental, civic, cultural, educational and recreational nature.
Section 1: General Information
- Posting of material within the Library does not constitute endorsement by the Library Staff or the Library Board.
- The Library does not guarantee the accuracy of information posted or any statements made within such materials.
- The Library does not guarantee space for postings or the continued supply of materials. It is the responsibility of the organization to provide copies as needed and approved by Staff.
Section 2: Bulletin Board and Shelf in Library Entry
Space for posting and/or distribution of materials is limited and will be prioritized in the following order:
- Library sponsored programs and events
- Plum Creek Library System postings
- Events or information sponsored by Pipestone City, County and/or Chamber of Commerce, as well as Pipestone Area Schools
- Events or information of other community non-profits and organizations
Section 3: Limitations for Posting and Distribution of Materials:
- Individuals must leave flyers and/or materials at the Library circulation desk for approval. Flyers posted without being initialed and dated by Staff may be removed.
- Flyers must be smaller than 11” x 17” with priority given to smaller sizes.
- Flyers on the bulletin board are limited to 30 days depending on space and the timeliness of materials. Exceptions may be made if deemed appropriate.
- Business cards may be posted in the designated space only.
- Information not accepted for posting includes: advertisements selling or renting goods, services or property; job postings; religious tracts; petitions; political campaign literature; solicitation of funds, goods, services or property.
- Exceptions may be made for Library sponsored displays that fall within specified guidelines for each display. Examples of such exceptions would be a Youth Services Week or a Business Card Tree.