Due to a weather related change to the Plum Creek delivery schedule today, Meinders Library patrons can expect delivery items on Wednesday, January 30th.
The library is open today, Monday, January 28, though exercise caution in the parking lot and sidewalks if you choose to visit us. The blowing snow creates drifting as well as an icy coating on the hardscape.
If you need to renew items, you can do so without driving out here. Simply call or email and we will take care of it for you.
In addition, if you run out of reading materials and you don’t want to run out here, we do have a few digital platforms for you to access from the comfort and safety of your own home.
On the left sidebar of the plumcreeklibrary.com page, you can find links to RB Digital, ebooks Minnesota, and Overdrive.
Thanks and have a great day!
Due to the late start for Pipestone Are School, Meinders Community Library will open at 10am.
Road conditions may cause delay for today’s delivery.
Thanks and stay safe!
Per our inclement weather policy, Meinders Library will be closed today.
Stay safe and warm!
Reservations for the escape room can still be made by leaving a voicemail at 825-6714 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meinders Library delivery will not be processed until this afternoon and should available around 3:00pm.
Thanks so much for understanding!
Closing at 6:00pm. Will reopen at 10am on Friday, weather permitting.
Due to the weather, our Plum Creek delivery truck and driver are out of commission until next week. Delivery will resume Monday. However, with the way the routes are scheduled and the New Year’s holiday, Meinders Library will not receive delivery until Wednesday, January 2.
Reminder that the library closes at 5:00pm on New Year’s Eve and is closed entirely on Tuesday for New Year’s Day.
To remain up to date on Library Happenings, please follow our blog at http://www.meinderslibrary.com or follow us on facebook.
If you are uncertain whether the weather has forced us to close our doors, please call the library before making the trek out here.
Due to inclement weather, Meinders Community Library will be closing early tonight, Wednesday, December 26th. We will reopen Thursday, December 27th at 10am, weather permitting.
Our Holiday Open House Winners:
- Linda Taylor
- Karen Halbersma
- Ingrid Wielenberg
- Marge Urlick
- Leann Hoff
- Sue Lingen
Stop by Meinders Library to claim your prize!
For the drawing, we asked everyone for a favorite read from 2018 and here are the books recommended by the community.
- About My Mother…True Stories of a Horse-Crazy Daughter and Her Baseball-Obsessed Mother by Peggy Rowe
- Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Elena Vanishing by Elena Dunkle
- The End
- The Four Truths
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Gunflint Burning: Fire in the Boundary Waters by Cary Griffith
- Killing the SS: The Hunt for the Worst War Criminals in History by Bill O’Reilly
- The Last Juror by John Grisham
- The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
- Maeve Binchy (all her books)
- Nantucket Sisters by Nancy Thayer
- The Narrows & The Poet by Michael Connelly
- The Ragged Edge of Night by Olivia Hawker
- Reality-Based Leadership by Cy Wakeman
- Shadow Children Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Such a Pretty Girl
- Texas Trilogy by Sandra Brown
- This Mortal Coil Series by Emily Suvada
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Meinders Community Library will be:
- Closed Monday 12/24 for Christmas Eve
- Closed Tuesday 12/25 for Christmas Day
We’ll be open regular hours Wednesday 12/26-Saturday 12/29, including the STEAM Room, with a special Crafternoon from 1:00-4:00 pm on Thursday.
Have a safe and happy holidays!
Stop by the library to get your reading or traveling materials for the long holiday weekend.
We have audio books to entertain the littles while driving, magazines to entertain the relatives after turkey dinner, and movies to entertain overnight guests. Lastly, don’t forget to unwind with a book after the excitement dies down.
Meinders Community Library will be:
- Open Wednesday from 10am until 8pm
- Closed Thursday for Thanksgiving
- Closed Friday for Thanksgiving
- Open Saturday from 10am until 2pm
Please enjoy a happy and safe holiday weekend with family and friends!