Meinders Community Library has recently gotten an influx of new books. Come check out some of our new reads. If another patron has already snagged the book you are interested in, we can put it on hold for you.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- A Killer Edition by Lorna Barrett
- The Plot is Murder by V. M. Burns
- No Judgements by Meg Cabot
- A Single Thread by Tracy Chevalier
- The Long Call by Ann Cleeves
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca
- The Butterfly Girl by Rene Denfeld
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
- Read and Buried by Eva Gates
- The Guardians by John Grisham
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
- The Library of the Unwritten by A.J. Hackwith
- What Happens in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- Full Throttle by Joe Hill
- The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman
- The Topeka School by Ben Lerner
- Word to the Wise by Jenn McKinlay
- Cilka’s Journey by Heather Morris
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- 19th Christmas by James Patterson
- Liberating Duluth by D.E. Peterson
- The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott
- Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia
- The Solar War by A.G. Riddle
- Bloody Genius by John Sandford
- Child’s Play by Danielle Steel
- Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout
- A People’s History of Heaven by Mathangi Subramanian
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
- Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey
- Stealth by Stuart Woods
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- Shamed by Linda Castillo
- The Russian by Ben Coes
- The Noel Stranger by Richard Paul Evans
- All the Flowers in Paris by Sarah Jio
- Too Soon to Die by William Johnstone
- One More River to Cross by Jane Kirkpatrick
- Timepiece by Beverly Lewis
- What Comes My Way by Tracie Peterson
- Cheyenne Pass by Lauran Paine
- Light from Distant Stars by Shawn Smucker
Middle Grade Fiction
- Estranged: The Changeling King by Ethan M. Aldridge
- Speed Demon by Fred Bowen
- Storm Blown by Nick Courage
- Benchwarmers by John Feinstein
- Charlie Thorne and the Last Equation by Stuart Gibbs
- The Bone Garden by Heather Kassner
- Camp Shady Crook by Lee Gjertsen Malone
- Wildfire by Rodman Philbrick
- Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls by Dav Pilkey
- Frostfire by Jamie Smith
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- My Life as an Ice Cream Sandwich by Ibi Zoboi
Young Adult Fiction
- His Hideous Heart: Thirteen of Edgar Allan Poe’s Most Unsettling Tales Reimagined edited by Delia Adler
- Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron
- Permanent Record by Mary H. K. Choi
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi
- Rated by Melissa Grey
- Gut Check by Eric Kester
- We Speak in Storms by Natalie Lund
- Scars Like Wings by Erin Stewart
- The Rise of Kyoshi by F.C. Yee
Meinders Library will be open today, though the sidewalks and the parking lot may have drifting as the winds pick up.
Delivery will once again be delayed. Roads permitting, items will be processed and available Wednesday around 1:00 pm.
Once again, Mother Nature is playing games with us and seems to be winning. While we plan to open at 10am, we will close at 3:00pm or if/when surrounding roads close. Currently, snow removal is stalled and may not be adequate to keep up with the expected blowing and drifting. Please use extra care when traveling today, and call ahead to make sure we are still open.
If you are short on reading materials, now is a good time to access our digital platforms and read an ebook from Overdrive or listen to an audiobook while sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace. Simply hop on the Plum Creek website and access the digital collection using your library card.
Due to the weather, the PCLS delivery is delayed. Meinders Community Library Patrons can expect delivery to be ready and processed on Monday.
That said, Saturday will be a great opportunity for community members to dig through the snow and meet Forensic Psychologist and Minnesota author, Frank Weber. Weber will be speaking at the Meinders Library in Pipestone at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 9.
Last year the Midwest Independent Publishers Association nominated his first book, Murder Book for best mystery, best romance, and best young adult novel. His books are popular at colleges and secondary schools.
Weber performs psychological assessments in homicide and sexual assault cases and have written 2 murder mysteries, Murder Book and The I-94 Murders, released in 2017 and 2018 respectively. His books have received great reviews from the Minneapolis Tribune and the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
Author website: frankweberauthor.com
We hope you brave the cold to join us on Saturday for our intriguing guest.
The PCLS delivery truck will not run today due to the extreme cold. Pipestone patrons can expect holds to be processed and available on Thursday after 1:00pm and Monday noon.
Reminder that we will be closing at 6pm tonight.
Stay safe and warm.
Due to the extreme temps and the cancellation of school, Meinders Community Library will be open from 10am to 6pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, January 29 and 30.
No early open on Tuesday.
No Tuesday storytime.
Please stay warm and safe. If you must travel, take appropriate precautions.
Due to a weather related change to the Plum Creek delivery schedule today, Meinders Library patrons can expect delivery items on Wednesday, January 30th.
The library is open today, Monday, January 28, though exercise caution in the parking lot and sidewalks if you choose to visit us. The blowing snow creates drifting as well as an icy coating on the hardscape.
If you need to renew items, you can do so without driving out here. Simply call or email and we will take care of it for you.
In addition, if you run out of reading materials and you don’t want to run out here, we do have a few digital platforms for you to access from the comfort and safety of your own home.
On the left sidebar of the plumcreeklibrary.com page, you can find links to RB Digital, ebooks Minnesota, and Overdrive.
Thanks and have a great day!