Meinders Community Library provides programming, interactive experiences, and a variety of resources to all our patrons.
We are a community hub focused on enriching lives and supporting success.
- Our library is clean and welcoming. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
- Our programming provides opportunities for patrons of all ages to engage in new experiences and learn new skills.
- We enhance school curriculum through targeted programming.
- Our library is a place where people are excited to go, and feel safe to explore, learn, and grow.
- We value and celebrate differences within our patron base and the world at large.
- We grow our patron base and usage in a fiscally responsible manner.
- We provide digital and physical resources that appeal to all interests and age levels.
2017 Library Board Members
- Kyle Caskey Chair
- Evan Schiller Vice-Chair
- Justin Schroyer City Council Representative
- Amy Nelson School Board Representative, Secretary
- Monica Sullivan
- Pat Weets
- Sharon Wolff
Under Minnesota State Statute 134.195, the Meinders Community Library Board is comprised of seven members. “One member of the city council and one member of the school board shall be appointed to the library board. The remaining members of the library board may not be members of either the city council or the school board. Board members shall be residents of the city or the school district.”
Library Board Meetings take place at 5:15pm on the first Wednesday of each month and are open to the public. In addition, community members are welcome to voice their questions or concerns at the beginning of each meeting, with or without prior notice.