|Meinders Community Library Board Policy||304|
|Policy: Proctoring Policy||Originally Adopted||Next Review|
|Current Version Adopted||November 1, 2017||2014||May 2021|
Purpose: To support lifelong learning of area students.
Testing accommodations vary depending on the day. It is a student’s responsibility to ensure that the physical facility is adequate for test taking and meets all requirements. Quiet study areas may not be guaranteed. Exams are proctored subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources.
- Library staff will proctor written, emailed or online exams.
- Students must make arrangements for exam proctoring in advance. When making appointments, students must supply a name, telephone number, and the date and time of the exam. Library computers need to be reserved for online exams.
- The librarian who monitors the exam will be the head librarian or designee.
- Professors must notify the proctor in advance with the student’s name and requirements of the exam.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the Library. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule the date and time of the exam.
- Students are expected to come prepared with the necessary or required supplies to take the exam.
- Proctors will NOT monitor a student continuously during an exam. Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other rules set forth in the examination materials.
- The use of cell phones or visiting with others while taking a test is prohibited.
- The Library will keep tests until the test’s stated deadline. The test will be destroyed after the deadline. Library staff will not copy finished exams or keep exams past the deadline date.
- In the case of a technical difficulty it is the students’ responsibility to contact the college for assistance.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution only via the envelopes or packaging provided by the student or institution.
- Students are responsible for the cost of photocopies, postage costs or any other costs associated with the exam, including any necessary fax charges.
- The Library is not responsible for any delayed tests, or for any completed tests once they have been mailed back to the educational facility.