|Meinders Community Library Board Policy||303|
|Policy: Non-Circulation Services||Originally Adopted||Next Review|
|Current Version Adopted||November 1, 2017||Combined||February 2021|
Purpose: To provide the public with services that will enhance their educational, personal or professional lives and that may be difficult to find within the community or might otherwise be cost prohibitive.
Section 1: Public Computers
- Patrons may sign up at the circulation desk to use the public computers on a first come-first served basis. Should there be more patrons than available computers, current users will be asked to finish up within 5 minutes using a first on-first off schedule, thus freeing up computers for waiting patrons. Exceptions will be made for those taking tests.
- A computer with video and microphone capabilities is available for use in the conference room. Reservations supersede walk-in use.
- The Library has one laptop available for in-house check out. Patrons will need to have a library card and be in good standing within the PCLS system to use a laptop (no fines, overdue materials or a history of lost or damaged items). A driver’s license or photo ID will be held at the counter until the laptop is returned.
- A computer lab with 25 computers is available for programming and may be reserved for use outside of school hours.
Section 2: Copy/Scan/Fax Machine
Copies and faxes must be paid for prior to service. If a patron cannot pay in full the day of service, copies will be held for two (2) days to allow the patron to return with appropriate funds. After two days, copies will be shredded.
- Black and White Copies are $.10 each, while Color Copies are $.20 apiece.
- Scanning and sending copies to an email address are free.
- Receiving or Sending a Fax is $1.00 per page.
Section 3: Audio/Visual Materials
An overhead projector and a pull-up screen are available for check out from the Library. Any other equipment, such as projectors, speakers, or other devices, must be checked out from the Audio/Visual Department with Pipestone Area Schools. Arrangements for such loans can be made with Jennifer Dunn.
Section 4: Board Games
The Library has board games available for in-house use. Please check them out at the circulation desk prior to use and return them to the desk after cleaning up and repacking all the pieces. Patrons who consistently fail to repack games appropriately will be suspended from using them.
Flexibility may be given to local patrons in good standing with the Library to check out games for one week.