|Meinders Community Library Board Policy||301|
|Policy: Hours of Operation and Closures||Originally Adopted||Next Review|
|Current Version Adopted||November 1, 2017||Combined||February 2021|
Purpose: To create standard practice for Library service hours and closures while balancing the needs of the community with the safety of the public and Library Staff.
Section 1: Hours of Operation
Despite being attached to the school, Meinders Community Library operates on a year-round schedule except for a week-long closure in mid-summer for cleaning, maintenance and training.
- Monday 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30am to 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am to 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Section 2: Holidays
When a holiday falls on a Saturday, the Library will be closed the Friday before the weekend. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, the Library will be closed the Monday after the weekend. The following holidays will be observed.
- New Year’s Day (also, 5:00pm closure on New Year’s Eve)
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Independence Day (also, Saturday if the 4th falls on a Friday or Monday)
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Section 3: Inclement Weather/Emergency Closing
- If Pipestone Area School closes early due to inclement weather or building emergencies, the Library will close ½ hour after school lets out. The Library will open at 10:00am on days that school is 2 hours late. If PAS cancels school for the day, Meinders Library may still be open depending on the road conditions or building safety.
- Changes to Meinders hours due to inclement weather or emergencies will be announced over the radio and also on the Meinders Facebook page. In addition, the newspaper will be notified of changes to normal hours of operation and the information may be posted on the Pipestone Star website with news of other closings.
- The Library Director or designee will determine the length and time of closings and disseminate the information as broadly as possible as stated above.